Sunday 30 June 2013

Guest Designer for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

Hello how are you?  Please let me apologise for the lack of posts this last month.  My Computer when a bit wrong and believe me I can not fathom how to blog post on the ipad!!  I was starting to panic about this post but luckily it all got sorted on Friday phew!  

Anyway if you are a regular reader of this blog you will have seen that I applied to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to be on their Design team.  Unfortunately I wasn't successful  but I was asked if I would like to be their July Guest Designer and of course I said yes!!  

So here we go.  This month we are counterfeiting a wonderful kit HERE called Summer Fun!

Here is the kit 


The kit just screamed 'Boy' to me, which is perfect as I mainly scrap my 3 boys. 
Here is my kit called 'Summer Boys' 




I made lots of different embellishments and journalling cards to go with this kit.   The fabulous stamp is from Heidi Swapp

Here is my stamp sheet.  I have used a selection of Stampin' Up, MME, Making Memories and some other random stamps from my stash.


Here is the back of my papers - photos are the wrong way around!



Here is my paper selection.  I have used Stampin' Up, MME, Bella BLVD.  The stripy paper is a Echo Park front sheet - the back of this is journalling cards.  


For the Bazzil Basics Word Stickers I just cut some words out on the Cricut.


I have also included these two sticker sheets from Bella Blvd and Echo Park. 


I can't wait to play and create with this kit.  

Why not pop on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog HERE and join in with us.

If you are looking for more inspiration why not follow the blog hop I am the first on the list. 



                                                                                                                                               Laura http://intheairingcupboardcrafts.blogspot.co.uk

19 comments:

  1. Wow Laura, you're so good at this; even got me thinking that I could have a go! Love the selection of stamps you've included..and as usual, your eye for the papers is amazing..bring on the LOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that collection of stamps.
    Great kit, can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab take on the kit - great stamps and fab cricut-cut words too. Have fun Laura <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great kit - love it and look forward to seeing your upcoming pages of your 3 boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh,you've matched this kit very closely.I love all your stamps. You will enjoy working with all that,I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Great job....You matched everything so well. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Heidi Swapp stamp is truly FABULOUS! You did a great job counterfeiting those cards. What a wonderful kit and we are thrilled that you are our guest designer this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great stuff in your kit! Congrats on guesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your kit Laura!! That HS Stamp is FAB for sure =)

    I as well cannot post from my iPad. I upload pics, and that makes it easier, but can't post from it. bummer. Hopefully one day Apple will make that happen. Until then, I shall keep plugging along, making it work =)

    So happy you are the guest Designer this month and really looking forward to seeing your LO's and other fun goodies from your kit.

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Laura. You have an awesome kit going on, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Laura. You have an awesome kit going on, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow!! What a fantastic kit. Congratulations on being this month's Guest Designer. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all that loveliness :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your DT position this month. And what a kit you've given us to kick off the hop. Your title is great and the selection of papers and products you've chosen will be perfect for your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific your making DT! You created some wonderfully creative cards for your kit, and how I envy you the ability to do those Cricut words :~) I love that you saw right away how to make this kit work for your boy pages!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to have you as the GDT this month, Laura! And you started it off with a bang - what a kit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your kit! You are using my FAV thickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being a guest designer! Love your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just clicked through from Julia's. Congratulations on being guest designer on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.I'm so impressed at how you put together a great counterfeit kit which suits your needs perfectly. So far I have only struggled to make up these kits and admit to being a massive failure ... but I'll try again, bound to get it right eventually :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I'm new here too - Julia sent me! Just had a look at your Scrap Whispers post and thought I would see what else was going on. Julia mentioned your Counterfeit Kit - I agree with her that it's very well thought out. I love how you have made a "stamps sheet" with some of your rubber stamps and used your Cricut to make word embellishments/titles. You have done amazingly, to find the papers that are so similar to the original kit. I wonder what you'll make with it all?

    ReplyDelete